Nature Link is looking for a passionate, hard working individual to work alongside our Director of Hospitality. This opportunity to work at MN’s newest luxury resort and wedding venue, will be a great fit for someone looking to work hard, be in nature/outdoors, who loves people and has a passion for serving others, while being surrounded by encouraging and knowledgeable staff.
Nature Link is a “back to nature resort” and wedding venue that focuses on helping individuals disconnect from technology and connect with nature. Located minutes from Downtown Nisswa, our property features 14 wooded acres on Clark Lake with 2,200 feet of shoreline. Our property boasts beautiful forests, a private beach for our guests, and a private island. At the end of our driveway, you’ll find the famous Paul Bunyan Trail, a multi-use recreational trail running between the cities of Brainerd and Bemidji.
- Handle and personally ensure appropriate recognition and exceptional service for all guests throughout the property, both directly by the Hospitality team as well as in collaboration with other departments.
- Make bookings personally or assist with making guest bookings as needed, working together with the Catalyst team.
- Assist guests in planning special events, excursions, local expeditions, things to do, local insights and other fun things to do in the area.
- Maintain up-to-date schedules of guests’ movement and ensure presence, meet and greet, escort if appropriate.
- Promote a teamwork environment between the Front Desk and other departments.
- Ensures all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Handle and personally ensure that all departments have necessary information pertaining to member and guests’ requests (reservations, special events, preferences) and ensure flawless execution.
- Answer telephones and assist guests in making, altering, or canceling reservations and other requests.
- Respond to emails with reservation information, confirmations, and additional details as it relates to guests’ requests.
- Receive and record special requests from guests and communicate to the Head of Hospitality in a timely fashion. Connect guests with the appropriate team for their request.
- Handle and personally ensure concierge requests appropriately for guests (with written confirmations, follow up soliciting feedback).
- Ensure robust communication of guests feedback to other departments as well as the management/ownership team.
- Assist the Director of Hospitality with planning and execution of events.
- Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings and member related events.
- Maintain confidentiality related guests information per policies and procedures for Nature Link.
- Handle and personally ensure all communication with members and guests in an appropriate and timely manner (email, periodic communication regarding Catalyst, or Nature Link important information, ie. periodic events).
- Handle and personally ensure that there is always a strong presence of the Nature Ambassador Team in guest facing (Front of House) areas.
- 2 Year Experience in a hotel environment or similar in Front Office operations preferred
- Positive, engaging, and energetic personality
- Able to be organized, manage time wisely and work with little to no direct supervision
- Very high attention to detail
- Sensitive to cultural nuances
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal on English
- Able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, fast paced environment
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work under pressure and with various stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a clean and professional appearance as per company policies
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, and longer hours during high volume times at the discretion of the Director of Hospitality.
- On-site only.
- One location: Nisswa, MN.
- No benefits, but potential to grow in position with benefits.
Hourly Rate: $15 – $25 depending on experience
To apply for this position, please fill out the application below and email your resume & cover letter to Kendra Johnson, Director of Hospitality at Nature Link Resorts – Nisswa, MN.
email@example.com | 218 – 537 – 3389