Event security is responsible for monitoring the venue and people at the event to ensure rules are followed and everyone is acting safely. This is to provide a sense of protection to all guests, event attendees, vendors, and venue staff.
- Ensure safety during the evening portion of any events where alcohol is served.
- Secure perimeter of property by patrolling the grounds, checking all rooms of the venue building, and walking the trails, beach, lakefront, parking, driveway, etc.
- Routinely check areas that are not being used during the evening. Kitchen when closed, ceremony area, suites, outdoor ceremony site, etc.
- Monitor security cameras throughout the event.
- Protect against and prevent potential damage, theft, and illegal activity from occurring.
- Direct parking if needed for events with larger guest counts.
- Kindly re-direct any smokers who are outside of the designated area to the designated area.
- Keep an eye out for any children left unsupervised during the event and find parents to redirect the kids if needed.
- Reset floor plan with VM at end of night by setting the reception tables in the arrangement for the next event and stacking all chairs.
- Record all incidents or concerns that may come about throughout the night.
- Oversee the facility and help with general upkeep.
- Assist Venue Manager as needed.
- Responsible, hardworking, authoritative, kind, personable, good communicator, respectful, diligent, comfortable with confrontation, problem solver, strong morals, ethics, and sense of right and wrong
- Background of working as a security guard, in law enforcement, the armed forces, or a similar field preferred but not required
Contractual work approximately 1-5 shifts per month. Evening shifts which are typically about 5-8 hours long often starting sometime between 4-6pm and staying until 11pm-1am.
Flexible schedule. Weekend availability required. Most events are Thursday-Sunday. You set your own availability!